Friday, July 22, 2011

Reminded of Why I Dance

I've moped around enough about missing ballet.  It's time to focus on the good this break will do for me.  I've explained the physical benefits in my other blog, "The Healthy Ballerina."  It's important to note the emotional benefits as well.
 
Things that don't feel good are sometimes the very things we need.  They can be good for us, depending on what it is.  We just don't always believe that.  I didn't want to take a break.  That wasn't something I planned coming into this week.  Yet it came about anyway, and it's made me remember how much I love to dance.
 
People, myself included, tend to take for granted what they've been given.  I imagine there must be a vast number of girls who long to learn the art of ballet, but for whatever reason are unable to.  God has blessed me and given me the wonderful opportunity to dance.  I may not dance in a company, or even with a school, but still I dance.  It's with restored vision that I once again see the unique qualities that make ballet so special, and I desire to always have a little part in that world.
 
So although I'm sad to step away, at least I can come back with a renewed passion and a gentle reminder of why I do this in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment