Saturday, August 20, 2011

Excitement For The Future


It's been a tiring week, and I'm relishing the chance to relax today.  Classes at the ballet school are intense, making my muscles tired and sore.  I came home every night feeling worked.  I loved it.
Now I can rest in the fact that I'm where I need to be.  No longer do I have to rely on myself.  Let me explain what I mean.  I still need to work as hard as I can in class, applying my corrections and striving to improve.  As teachers through out all of my studios love to remind their students, only the dancers themselves can do that.  That responsibility will never change.
  But now I'm free from worrying if my practice at home is sufficient.  I don't have to come up with my own training schedule based on my limited knowledge of what will guarantee progress.  Plus, every class at the ballet school ends with pointe work.  For the longest time the only place I could work on strengthening my feet for pointe was at home.  There's another burden lifted!
The past week was only a shadow of what my life is going to be like for the next five months.  This upcoming week will get busier because I start school.  I'm taking five classes at a community college, four on campus and one online.  I'll also continue taking ballet of course, and this Tuesday is the day of Nutcracker auditions!  I'm excited, a little nervous, and anxious to see how it turns out.  I think I like the direction my life is taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment